Wednesday 5 December 2012

Music, music, music

I doubt I'll be able to make this a daily habit, but Amelia's exhausted herself this afternoon and will probably be asleep for a while now! We just got back from a lovely walk in the snow and sun. We didn't go anywhere special - just to the local shops to buy Daddy a bag of Haribo. I use our walks to get Amelia to sleep when she gets grouchy, but she was too busy looking around today to sleep!

We've also been listening to a lot of Joe Stilgoe today. I'm not sure if it's the dancing around the room that settles Amelia or Joe! At least I've found something that calms her down when she's crying though. We're going to try to listen to a different piece of music every day. Any suggestions are welcome! So far, we've listened to:

The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
Mahler - Symphony No. 9, Movement 4, which Amelia fell asleep to
Mozart - Clarinet Concerto in A major
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture, which she seemed to enjoy
Tchaikovsky - Romeo and Juliet Overture, which she mostly cried through

We think she'll either be a pianist because of her really long fingers:


a singer because of her already well trained diaphragm:



or, of course, a flautist like her parents!




1 comment:

  1. Listen to some string quartets... Beethoven? Anything!! Also LOTS of choral music- Eric Whitacre, Lauridsen (O Magnum Mysterium!) and sing to her loads. I used to like to tap Oliver's bottom in time with the music as I danced around the room :)

    ReplyDelete