Sunday 20 January 2013

We're still here!


A belated Happy 2013 to everyone. I’ve not been able to get to my laptop for a while as Amelia’s been a bit of a handful so far this year! It seems she’s become so used to sleeping next to me during the day she now doesn’t want to sleep in her crib at night either, and so it's taken us over two hours to get her to sleep some nights these past few weeks. HOWEVER, today, she had all three naps in her crib in her room and it only took us 20 minutes to get her to sleep this evening. Hooray! Her naps only lasted 30 minutes each time, and so by the time bed time came around she was pretty exhausted, but still, I feel we’ve made lots of progress. I’m looking forward to being able to do some housework and other fun things tomorrow!

Amelia is growing up so fast. This week, we were playing on our tummies and she rolled onto her back all by herself. I think it was quite hard work for her though, as she seemed a bit out of it for a few minutes afterwards.

Now that she can hold herself up a bit better, we’ve been trying her out in the baby bouncer Seaside Grandma bought her for Christmas:


This photo was taken about a minute before she was sick all over herself, the bouncer and the carpet.

We’ve been reading to Amelia since she was two weeks old, but she’s now starting to listen to the stories and look at the pictures:



I don’t know if she knows what’s going on, but she seems entertained now when we read to her!

I can’t figure out how to rotate these photos, but here’s Amelia with her favourite toy again:



I can’t wait to show her this when she’s (much) older!

Amelia's also been trying to grab her rattle this week:


We're so proud of her!


No comments:

Post a Comment